Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and simple summer pasta dish.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces black olives, chopped if liked
- 5 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra to serve
- salt and pepper
- Put a large pan of water on to the boil for the pasta. Meanwhile, put the oil and nuts in a small pan and warm over a low heat.
- Crush the garlic into the pan and sprinkle in the chili flakes if using. Continue warming until the nuts are lightly toasted, checking to make sure the garlic doesn't burn.
- Finely grate the zest from both lemons then cut one in half and squeeze out the juice.
- Once the pasta water is boiling, add a generous amount of salt and the spaghetti and cook, according to packet instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti and tip into a serving bowl.
- Pour over the garlicky oil and toss well with the lemon zest and juice, parsley, olives, parmesan and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Add more lemon juice to taste - it should be fresh but not overly lemony. Serve with extra parmesan.