1/3 Photos of Spaghetti With Kielbasa (Puerto Rican Style)
I'm Italian and I love pasta, I'm also Puerto Rican and I love cooking with bold flavors. This dish gives me the best of both worlds. It's so good it will make you wanna slap your mama! (It's a saying, don't slap your mama). But all jokes aside, trust me.... don't mean to be pushy but stop everything and make this NOW!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 14 ounces polska kielbasa, sliced 1/4 inch thick on a diagonal (I use Hillshire Farm made with pork, turkey and beef, no msg)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste or 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sofrito sauce, my Sofrito (or store bought)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups water
- 1 -2 cup reserved pasta water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat a large pot of salted water to boil for spaghetti, cook according to package al dente, reserving 2 cups or more of pasta water.
- 2Heat a large, deep skillet over med heat. Add olive oil and kielbasa. Cook, stirring occasionally until brown about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Add garlic, cook stirring for 1 minute. Add sofrito, cook stirring for 3 minutes. Add chicken bouillon cube, oregano and black pepper to taste. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Add tomato paste (or tomato sauce), cook stirring 1 additional minute.
- 4Stir in 2 cups of water, bring to boil, then reduce to simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes.
- 5After 30 minutes, add 1 cup or more of pasta water depending on how thin or thick you like your sauce. Add drained pasta, toss to combine.
- 6Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Kielbasa (Puerto Rican Style)
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 1491.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: