Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a little fancier than regular tuna noodle casserole for a more grown-up taste, but the kids will still enjoy it.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian tomatoes, with some liquid
- 10 ounces drained italian tuna
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Sauté garlic in olive oil until it begins to change color.
- Add parsley and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for about 30 minutes on low-medium heat until tomatoes and oil separate Using a fork, separate the tuna into tiny pieces.
- Add tuna, salt and pepper to tomato mix (remember: tuna is salty already) and cook for 5 minutes at a low simmer Cook the spaghetti until it is al dente and drain very well.
- Return pasta to pot and add butter, tossing until pasta is well coated.
- Mix most of the sauce with the pasta and serve with the remaining sauce on the table.