Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just made this one night when I didn't have any ground beef on hand. The kids were starving and the other ingredients are ones I keep on hand for quick meals with little fuss and easy clean up!
- 1 (26 ounce) jarbarilla marinara sauce (or Boscaiola Sauce)
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage links (your call) or 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage (your call)
- 3⁄4 lb of boxed spaghetti or 3⁄4 lb pasta, of choice
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (optional)
any spice you like to kick it up to your own flavor
- Slice sausage into "coins".
- Sauté sausage in olive oil over medium heat until starting to brown.
- If you choose to add the onion, remove sausage and cook onion until translucent.
- Return sausage to pan.
- Empty entire jar of sauce into pan.
- Add any spices you like to the pan at this time.
- Taste; once you have achieved the desired flavor let cook on a low simmer while your pasta cooks (according to the box directions).
- Serve and enjoy with a nice salad and some garlic or cheese bread.
Great recipe to jazz up your regular spaghetti & sauce dish. I've tried this recipe a few times & sometimes I add mushrooms, bell peppers & even finely chopped jalapenos. I usually add the basil, oregano & garlic & sometimes abit of italian/sicilian spice also. This is a wonderful recipe when you don't have time to make spaghetti sauce from scratch but still want it to taste as though you did, thanks for sharing.
Great recipe. Very tasty!!