Recipe by DogAndCatDoc
I made up this recipe using things I had on hand. I have made it several times now and find that I can do it in stages throughout the day, which works well with my hectic schedule.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1⁄2 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 -3 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 15 multi-grain saltine crackers (plain would work fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (not imitation)
- 1 pinch cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 pinch basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jarsragu spaghetti sauce (whatever your favorite flavor is)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine, your choice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti (wheat or white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 10 ingredients together by hand in large bowl.
- Knead well as if making a meat loaf.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Form small meatballs (about 1 inch in diameter) and place in skillet.
- Cook meatballs until well done, turning at least once.
- When meatballs are done, add spaghetti sauce, wine, and parmesian cheese and heat until barely boiling.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over prepared noodles.