Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
When I saw this recipe in the 1997 "TOH" annual cookbook, I thought of Chef MEP. This was submitted by Shirley Goodson of Wisconsin. I just wanted to post this here to get a calorie count. To me the original recipe didn't have enough "sausage type" ingredients, so I added more. Also there was no garlic or onion powder, and I added sage. The prep time doesn't include the time the ground turkey is chilled overnight. Submitted on June 2nd, 2006.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (26 ounce) jarplain spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together everything except sauce and spaghetti.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Crumble into bite sized pieces into a medium sized skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Add sauce and heat through.
- Serve over hot spaghetti.