Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Recepie for traditional seaside italian pasta sauce.
- 1 box spaghetti
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can italian tomato, peeled
- 1 can tuna
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- parmesan cheese
- Chop Onion and fry in olive oil until brown.
- When Onion brown add thyme, oregano, rosemary, marjoram and bay leaf.
- Add peeled tomatoes and 3/4 of the can of tomato paste.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add Tuna and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta.
- When pasta is al dente, throw it in a collander and pour some milk over it.
- This will not only stop the cooking but also remove some of the starch.
- Throw the drained pasta back into the empty pot where it was cooked along with 2 tbs of butter.
- The remaining heat of the pot is sufficient to melt the butter.
- Add the cheese, stir and then add the sauce on top of the pasta.
- Stir again.
- Pasta is now ready to be served.