Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Only the meatballs are homemade. You can use one or two jars of your favorite sauce. I use two - we like a lot of sauce.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 slices white bread
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (28 ounce) jarfavorite spaghetti sauce (can use two)
- hot cooked spaghetti, tossed with
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour water over bread in a mixing bowl. Let soak about 3 minutes.
- Add beef, beaten eggs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, oregano, pepper flakes (if using), garlic and onion powder.
- Mix well.
- Shape into apx. 1-inch meatballs.
- Place on cookie sheet (with sides) and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Place meatballs in a large pot with sauce and simmer for 30-40 minutes (covered). Be very gentle if you stir.
- Serve over hot, cooked spaghetti that has been tossed with butter.