Recipe by Kumquat the Cat's friend
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Made this last night for dinner and was extremely pleased with the results. Very low fat, but I doubt anyone will notice. Herbs and sweet vegetables were wonderful. I used thyme instead of tarragon as I didn't have any tarragon on hand. Very easy to make. Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan, if desired. From a website featuring Australian recipes. It called for 20 cloves of garlic, but I figured that was a typo.
Top Review by KristinV
This was one of those wonderful recipes that you are a little sceptical about as you put it together. I was making it thinking 'This is far to basic to be anything remarkable, tasty sure, but nothing out of this world.' I was SO wrong... I took the first bite of this and everything JUST WORKED and made a simple yet perfectly balanced meal. I used to eat a lot of two minute noodles (Ramen) but got sick of all the preservatives etc. but I can imagine this would be a stellar replacement. Make a batch and keep it in the fridge for the 'just got home' munchies, not to mention an extremely quick and easy meal on those nights you want a break! I also sauted the onions with the garlic but everything else was as per the recipe. Thanks for an amazing recipe Kumquat! Made for ZWT5 Family Picks
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicums (bell pepper) or 1 green capsicum, chopped (bell pepper)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- black pepper, to taste
- ground red chili pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti or 4 cups other pastas
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute garlic in olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start boiling water for pasta, cook according to instructions on package and drain.
- Add tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and herbs to broth and simmer for 10 minutes more. Pour sauce over pasta and serve.