Prep 10 mins
Cook 26 mins
From H. Bauer via Sally Grosserode; very simple; has 'very good' written on card.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb ham, cooked, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook spagetti.
- Melt butter in skillet; add ham.
- Drain spagetti; add to ham mixture.
- Add the beaten eggs IMMEDIATELY; the heat from the spagetti will cook the eggs.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese; toss.
- Put lid on skillet; let set for 5 minutes to fully cook the eggs.
Very simple, good carbonara dish that we much enjoyed, DH asked me to make it again the next night! Thanks Dienia, very good, made for PRMR tag game
This is a real nice to to recipe, since usually I have most of these ingredients on hand. Other than using low-fat butter this made for a great lunch. I don't know what it is with kids and spaghetti, but they really enjoyed this. Made for a Great Lunch. Made and tagged in PRMR tag.
A nice carbonara type dish. I prefer using bacon, and also used low fat cream to keep the old calories down a bit.
I didn't need to cover mine to get the eggs to cook, just tossed it around well and the hot pasta did the job.
A good weekday family supper, that we all enjoyed.
Made for PRMR.