Recipe by Charlotte J
This is a very hearty meat sauce. You could also use 1 pound of ground beef for the ground pork.
Top Tweak by blair_drew
I am going to make this tonight or tomorrow except with all fresh spices and mushrooms and with some decent Italian wine... I will let everyone know how it turns out as soon as I taste it. I am also going to use Tuttorrosso peeled Italian style Roma tomatoes.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup dry wine
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian-style tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (12 ounce) bag spaghetti, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet cook meat, onion, gr pepper and garlic until meat is browned.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Add wine and bring to a boil until it is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, oregano, brown sugar, basil, thyme, and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1 hour.
- Remove bay leaves and serve over hot spaghetti.