Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my Food and Wine One Dish meals cookbook. They say to serve this with Sauvignon blanc, especially one from Frances Loire Valley. Looks like a fabulous summer recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, but into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- Put the parsley, capers, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, mustard, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper into a food processor or blender. Pulse to chop.
- With the machine running, add the ½ cup oil in a thin stream to make a coarse puree.
- Set aside. Pulse to re-emulsify just before adding to the pasta.
- Light the grill or heat the broiler. Brush the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Grill or broil the zucchini, turning, until just done, about 10 minutes.
- When the slices are cool enough to handle, cut them crosswise into ½ inch pieces and put them in a large bowl.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- Brush the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt.
- Grill or broil the shrimp, turning, until just done, about 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and slice them in half horizontally, and add them to the zucchini.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the gilled zucchini and shrimp and toss with the salsa verde.
This recipe is delicious! The Italian-style salsa verde gives the pasta a pleasant burst of fresh flavors and complements the shrimp and zucchini amazingly. A perfect summer dinner, all on one plate!