Recipe by dicentra
This is from my Food and Wine One Dish meals cookbook. They say to serve this with Sauvignon blanc, especially one from Frances Loire Valley. Looks like a fabulous summer recipe.
Top Review by Stephanie Z.
This recipe is delicious! The Italian-style salsa verde gives the pasta a pleasant burst of fresh flavors and complements the shrimp and zucchini amazingly. A perfect summer dinner, all on one plate!
- 2⁄3 cup fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini, but into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the parsley, capers, garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, mustard, ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper into a food processor or blender. Pulse to chop.
- With the machine running, add the ½ cup oil in a thin stream to make a coarse puree.
- Set aside. Pulse to re-emulsify just before adding to the pasta.
- Light the grill or heat the broiler. Brush the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Grill or broil the zucchini, turning, until just done, about 10 minutes.
- When the slices are cool enough to handle, cut them crosswise into ½ inch pieces and put them in a large bowl.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers.
- Brush the shrimp with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with the remaining salt.
- Grill or broil the shrimp, turning, until just done, about 4 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the skewers and slice them in half horizontally, and add them to the zucchini.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the gilled zucchini and shrimp and toss with the salsa verde.