Recipe by Tisme
My family loves Basil, and I found this recipe, when I was looking to use an abundance of basil. If you like Basil Pesto, you will like this.
Top Review by whitneyinnz
Tasted great, esp. with lots of cheese! I added chicken tenderloins that I marinated in a sundried tomato hummus, which added additional flavor. It also makes a great sauce for a cold pasta salad using penne pasta. Tip: use a food processor, not a blender, to make the sauce. It gets stuck in the blender blades and is really tough to get out.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 0.13 lb ground almonds
- 0.13 lb walnuts
- 1 cup oil
- 0.20 lb gated parmesan cheese
- 1.65 lb spaghetti
- 0.13 lb butter
- parmesan cheese, extra
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the parsley, basil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, almonds, walnuts and oil in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender: Drain well.
- Add the softened butter, toss lightly until butter melts through the pasta. Add the sauce, toss well. Serve with extra grated or shredded parmesan cheese.