Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family loves Basil, and I found this recipe, when I was looking to use an abundance of basil. If you like Basil Pesto, you will like this.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 0.13 lb ground almonds
- 0.13 lb walnuts
- 1 cup oil
- 0.20 lb gated parmesan cheese
- 1.65 lb spaghetti
- 0.13 lb butter
- parmesan cheese, extra
- Combine the parsley, basil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, almonds, walnuts and oil in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth, stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until tender: Drain well.
- Add the softened butter, toss lightly until butter melts through the pasta. Add the sauce, toss well. Serve with extra grated or shredded parmesan cheese.
Tasted great, esp. with lots of cheese! I added chicken tenderloins that I marinated in a sundried tomato hummus, which added additional flavor. It also makes a great sauce for a cold pasta salad using penne pasta. Tip: use a food processor, not a blender, to make the sauce. It gets stuck in the blender blades and is really tough to get out.
Pasta-quick and easy. The pesto sauce had great flavour combination and a really good texture. Much cheaper than a bought pesto sauce and so much tastier too. The almonds and walnuts were a good combination with the parsley and basil. My youngest daughter loved having "green sgetti". I used gluten-free spaghetti to make this meal gluten-free suitable. Thanks for another great recipe Tisme :)