Recipe by kiwidutch
I make this all the time and just love it. Please adjust pepper to your tastes. Also, we serve with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano and a good crusty french bread.
Top Review by run for your life
yum! I used about 1/2 lb spaghetti, 4 Tbs of olive oil and subbed 1/2 tsp dried oregano for the parsley as suggested by the recipe on my box of spaghetti. Such a quick and easy meal! Thanks!
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in boiling, well-salted water, following package directions to avoid overcooking.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil over medium-low heat in a large skillet and add garlic, cooking gently until garlic is soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in crushed chile pepper.
- The moment the pasta is ready, drain, reserving about 1 cup of the cooking water, and add pasta to skillet.
- Toss with oil and garlic until well mixed, adding some of the cooking water if pasta seems too dry.
- Add parsley and toss again. Correct seasoning and serve immediately.