Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Havent made this one yet but I will soon. This sounds delicious. I am not sure about the serving size on this one so I am going to guess 2? I hope that I am close.
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet along with the garlic, hot pepper flakes and salt.
- When the garlic just starts to change color add the chicken broth.
- Cook the broth for about 5 minutes, or until it is reduced by half.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti, parsley and cheese.
- Toss the spaghetti until thoroughly coated.
- Serve hot or cold.
I made this for Easter as a side dish and it was such a HIT that I'm making it at least once a week. My 8 year old loves it!!
I made this last night and it was really great, I had to add spagetti sauce to it though because it was a little bland for my hispanic taste buds. It tasted fabulous after that and I might even say it was the most flavorful spagetti I've tasted!
This is seriously great. I didn't have any romano so just used some good parmesan instead and it turned out fine. I think it's probably more than two servings, but anyone could see that after looking at how much spaghetti that is. Anyway, tasty recipe--just enough heat with the cayenne. And it's so easy! I will definitely be making this again.