Spaghetti With Garlic and Hot Red Pepper Oil
- Heat oil in small skillet over low heat just until warm.
- Stir in garlic; cook over low heatfor 8 minutes or until garlis is soft and light golden brown.
- Stir in red pepper; saute, stirring, just until oil takes on a yellow color, about 1 minute.
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling water until al dente. I boil my water and then turn off burner. Add pasta and stir. Put lid back on and walk away for 6 - 10 minutes and pasta will be done. No peeking.
- Ladle out 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid; reserve. Drain pasta and toss with garlic oil, pasta cooking liquid and parsley.
- Season with pepper/salt and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.