Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great served with sauteed shrimp.
- 3 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thn slices garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 lb spaghetti
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat oil in small skillet over low heat just until warm.
- Stir in garlic; cook over low heatfor 8 minutes or until garlis is soft and light golden brown.
- Stir in red pepper; saute, stirring, just until oil takes on a yellow color, about 1 minute.
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of boiling water until al dente. I boil my water and then turn off burner. Add pasta and stir. Put lid back on and walk away for 6 - 10 minutes and pasta will be done. No peeking.
- Ladle out 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid; reserve. Drain pasta and toss with garlic oil, pasta cooking liquid and parsley.
- Season with pepper/salt and sprinkle on Parmesan cheese.
Simple, fast, tasty, and uses ingredients I pretty much always just have on hand. Thanks!