Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
One of my favorite summer dinners is pasta tossed with a light vegetable sauce.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup shredded carrot
- 3 ounces shredded zucchini
- 2 scallions, cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths, julienned 1/8 inch
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 7-10 minutes; drain.
- Heat butter in a large skillet; when foam subsides, add in carrot, zucchini, and scallions.
- Saute over medium heat, stirring, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic; saute 1 minute; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss spaghetti with the vegetables, parsley, and dill; serve immediately with cheese sprinkled on top.