Recipe by conniecooks
Quick easy and delicious. Can be made with fresh clams as well. Make sure you have lots of crusty bread to mop up all the yummy juices.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 2 lbs fresh mussels, scrubbed and debearded (discard any that are open)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to boil.
- Heat 1/2 olive oil in large pot. Add 1/2 garlic & onion as well as the thyme.
- Add mussels and mix well.
- Add wine and cream. Cover with lid and steam 4-5 minutes. Discard any that do not open.
- In another pot add rest of oil, garlic and onion. Saute lightly. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes and chili flakes. Saute till tomatoes release their juices. (about 2 min).
- Pour liquid from mussels over tomatoes and simmer about 3 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in water until al dente about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and mix with tomatoes and mussels. season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cheese.