1/4 Photos of Spaghetti With Fresh Tomatoes and Basil
A quick, fresh summer dish. Use fully ripe tomatoes for best results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Only drain spaghetti, do not rinse.
- 2Meanwhile, cook onions in 1/2 tbs olive oil in a small pot over medium high heat until soft, about 1 minute.
- 3Reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, sugar, pepper and salt to taste. Stir to mix.
- 4Tomatoes should get warm, but not cooked, about 5 minutes.
- 5When ready to serve add remaining 1/2 tbs oil, basil and spaghetti to tomatoes. Remove from heat, mix well, cover and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Fresh Tomatoes and Basil
Serving Size: 1 (323 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.6
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g