Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
"With a savory combination of basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella, this warm pasta medley makes a wonderful meatless main course or side dish". From Light and Tasty Magazine. I haven't tried this yet, but will once summer is here. Seems easy, and will store well.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 lbs tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 12 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4 in cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh basil, julienned
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives, sliced and drained
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large serving bowl, combine the tomatoes, cheese, basil, olives, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain spaghetti, add to tomato mixture and toss to combine.
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook garlic in oil until tender. Pour over spaghetti mixture, toss to coat.
- Tip: Serve with crusty bread and melon, or alongside eggplant parmesian.