Recipe by Eldeevee
This recipe is from Foodland Ontario and I love to make it when my garden is full of delicious tomatoes. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Top Review by VickyJ
This was a fantastic recipe! I love pasta! The sauce was so simple and delicious! The red pepper flakes were optional, but I put some in the sauce and on top. I love spicy food. On the side, I served garlic bread..... for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 (450 g) package spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Melt butter over medium high heat until foamy.
- Add garlic and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil (I use anywhere from 1/4-1/2 cup of basil) and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour tomato mixture mixture over pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with parmesan and hot pepper flakes, if desired.