Recipe by mersaydees
This is based on a recipe from Bodo A. Schieren's cookbook, Spaghetti. I use store-bought fresh pasta since I don't yet have a pasta machine. I give this five stars.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup fontina, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄2 cup water (from the cooked pasta) or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, eggs, oil, salt, and herbs.
- Knead until you have a firm dough.
- Cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out using a pasta machine, then run through the spaghetti cutters.
- Cook in plenty of gently boiling salted water until al dente.
- Turn the spaghetti into a preheated bowl. Pour the melted butter and the cooking water or wine over it.
- Mix all four grated cheeses with spaghetti until they melt and start to form strings.
- Serve sprinkled with pepper and parsley.