Recipe by bluemoon downunder
You may miss the oil, you may miss the cheese, but this recipe is not only very simple to make but is very healthy and flavoursome, and costs only $A2.65 per serve. It has been adapted from a recipe in the January 2009 issue of the 'Australian Healthy Food' magazine. If you find this recipe just too frustratingly fat-free, add some parmesan just before serving!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Very unique! I've never had anything quite like this. The spices were a little overpowering for me and I would would just cut back a little next time. I didn't think there would be enough lemon, but it did come through. This was a great way to use up some of our fresh mint. Thanks for sharing this fun recipe!
- 400 g spaghetti
- 500 g zucchini, trimmed, thinly shredded lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves (to taste)
- 150 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 bunch mint leaf, finely picked
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the pasta and whole garlic cloves to a large pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet directions; drain and return to the pan; chop or mince garlic and return to the pan.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the zucchini and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the zucchini is just tender; drain; add the zucchini, feta, mint leaves, lemon juice, rosemary, sage and pine nuts to the pasta and garlic; toss until well-combined.
- Serve immediately.
- NOTE: pine nuts burn easily and taste very bitter if blackened. When toasting, place over a gentle heat and shake the pan regularly until the pine nuts are lightly golden.