Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'Lidia's Italy' by Lidia Bastianich
Make and share this Spaghetti With Crushed Black Pepper and Pecorino Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a big pot of salted water to a boil.
- Grind the peppercorns very coarsely; preferably crushing them in a mortar with a pestle or in a spice grinder.
- Warm up a big bowl for mixing and serving the pasta--use some of the pasta water to heat the bowl, if you like.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Quickly lift it from the pot with tongs, let it drain for an instant, then drop it into the warm bowl.
- Immediately scatter a cup of the grated cheese and most of the ground pepper on the pasta, and toss in quickly.
- As you mix, sprinkle over spoonfuls of hot water from the cooking pot to moisten and amalgamate the pasta and condiments; add more pepper or cheese to taste.
- Serve right away, while the spaghetti is very hot.