Recipe by Miss Annie
Cream cheese melts in the heat of the pasta to form the sauce. The fresh spinach gives it a delicate flavor. Serve it with some warm garlic bread and salad.
- 10 ounces prewashed spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 scallions, including green tops,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 5 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any tough stems from the spinach.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- Add scallions and tarragon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and salt and stir until wilted.
- Simmer until the liquid evaporates from the spinach about 5 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti in salted water, until just done, about 12 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Drain spaghetti and toss with 3/4 cup of the pasta water, spinach mixture, cream cheese, parsley, Parmesan, and pepper.
- If the sauce seems too thick, add more of the reserved pasta water.