1/7 Photos of Spaghetti With Clam Sauce
This scrumptious pasta is DH's creation and star dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces spaghetti or 10 ounces linguine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, including juice from 1 can
- 1/16 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped (or less, if you prefer)
- 1Start water to boil for pasta.
- 2Heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium high heat in a small or medium saucepan.
- 3Add garlic and saute until softened, a few minutes. Add mushrooms (if using), clams, and juice from one of the cans of clams. Turn heat to high.
- 4Add red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, oregano, wine, and lemon juice. Let simmer on high until at least three fourths of liquid has evaporated, about 10-15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta until it is al dente.
- 6Drain pasta. Add pasta back to empty pot (off heat) and coat with 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- 7Take sauce off heat. Add black pepper to taste, and parsley.
- 8Immediately add half of the sauce to the pasta and toss.
- 9Plate pasta, top with other half of sauce, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.5
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 92.0 mg
- Sodium 217.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 63.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh Italian parsley