1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Chunky Meat and Veggie Sauce
Quick, really easy, and very tasty all-purpose sauce for pasta and lasgna; a great way to get kids to eat their veggies. Ground turkey or beef with carrots, green beans, mushrooms, onions and tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely diced (any variety)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved lengthwise & sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 4 ounces Italian sausage or 4 ounces turkey sausage, casings removed & crumbled
- 10 ounces lean ground beef or 10 ounces lean ground turkey
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 2 teaspoons spaghetti sauce seasoning (Lawry's Original or Lawry's Extra Rich & Thick)
- 10 ounces spaghetti or 10 ounces penne or 10 ounces wagon-wheel pasta
- 1 cup frozen Italian cut green beans, thawed & drained
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (to garnish)
- 1In a large dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium low heat for 1 minute.
- 2Add onions, garlic, and carrots, and saute, stirring frequently for 5 minutes (until carrots are tender and garlic and onion are just beginning to brown).
- 3Push vegetables to one side of pan and add meat.
- 4Raise heat to medium high and saute, stirring constantly, until browned on all sides (about 5 minutes); drain off excess fat.
- 5Add tomato puree and spaghetti seasoning, mix well, and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 8Add beans and mushrooms to sauce, cover, and cook for another 5-7 minutes over low heat (until vegetables are tender).
- 9Serve pasta topped with sauce and Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Chunky Meat and Veggie Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.7 mg
- Sodium 706.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: