Recipe by MsPia
Love the bread crumbs on this recipe. I like the lemon rind grated rather than thinly sliced.
Top Review by nochlo
Made for PRMR!<br/>We rely enjoyed this meal. It was a very light meal that we all enjoyed. Next time I will make some meatballs to the side for it to make more filling for my hungrier eaters!!! Thanks
- 1⁄4 Turkish bread, coarsely torn
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red bird's eye chilies, seeded, finely chopped
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely shredded
- 375 g spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarse breadcrumbs form.
- Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add lemon rind, juice and parsley leaves. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- Add the spaghetti to the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Add half the breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- Spoon evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and serve immediately.