1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Chilli and Garlic Crumbs
Love the bread crumbs on this recipe. I like the lemon rind grated rather than thinly sliced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bread in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarse breadcrumbs form.
- 2Use a zester to remove the rind from the lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring continuously, for 2-3 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden and crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- 4Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add lemon rind, juice and parsley leaves. Remove from heat.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan following packet directions until al dente. Drain well.
- 6Add the spaghetti to the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Add half the breadcrumbs and toss to coat.
- 7Spoon evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Chilli and Garlic Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 529.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 2.5 mg
- Sodium 119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red bird's eye chilies