Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch wide strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Soak mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes; drain, reserving ½ cup liquid.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet at med-high heat until hot.
- Add in onion, sage, and garlic; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add in chicken; stir-fry 3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms, reserved mushroom liquid, salt, and pepper.
- Decrease heat to medium; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add in cooked spaghetti; toss well.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Pretty good! Lots of flavour for such a simple dish. The colour is a little grayish with the mushrooms and sage.