1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Chicken Sausage, Spinach, and Grape Tomatoes
I had some chicken sausage defrosted, and was in the mood for spaghetti, so this is what I came up with. It turned out delicious! Please try this one! Note: I made a lot since I was feeding over 4 people today. But you can cut the recipe in half if it's too much. Tip: Since I cook with a lot of garlic, I buy the cloves already peeled. Makes life easier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken sausage, casings removed (mine were premio, italian style with cheese and garlic)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes ronzoni smart taste spaghetti
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (washed and stems removed)
- 15 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (washed and cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for spaghetti. Cook according to package al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water before draining.
- 2Meanwhile, In large deep saute pan or skillet (large enough to hold cooked pasta with sauce) add 1 tbs. olive oil and chicken sausage (season with a pinch of salt). Saute sausage over medium heat until browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- 3When sausage are browned, add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and chicken bouillon cubes, cook for 2 minutes stirring a few times. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes then add 1/4 cup olive oil, butter, and reserved pasta water.
- 4Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, let cook for about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, cook for 1 minute just until it starts to wilt.
- 5Remove from heat, and add the cooked spaghetti. Toss well to combine.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Chicken Sausage, Spinach, and Grape Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.7
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.0 mg
- Sodium 1156.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g