Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really good one pot meal.
- 1 (16 ounce) package chicken sausage, casings removed
- 2 (12 ounce) boxesronzoni smart taste spaghetti
- 1 bunch fresh spinach (washed and stems removed)
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (washed and cut in half)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for spaghetti. Cook according to package al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, In large deep saute pan or skillet (large enough to hold cooked pasta with sauce) add 1 tbs. olive oil and chicken sausage (season with a pinch of salt). Saute sausage over medium heat until browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- When sausage are browned, add garlic, crushed red pepper flakes and chicken bouillon cubes, cook for 2 minutes stirring a few times. Add tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes then add 1/4 cup olive oil, butter, and reserved pasta water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer, let cook for about 5 minutes. Add the spinach, cook for 1 minute just until it starts to wilt.
- Remove from heat, and add the cooked spaghetti. Toss well to combine.