These meatballs are cooked in a thin tomato sauce that is soaked up by the spaghetti so the meatballs remain the star of the meal. Feel free to add any sauteed or roasted veggies that you would normally add to your spaghetti sauce if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- sauteed mushroom (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- tomato (optional)
- 1 package hot cooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1In a bowl combine chicken, onion, egg, kethcup, bread crumbs, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil.
- 2Mix very well.
- 3Form mixture into 1.
- 45 inch balls.
- 5Place meatballs into a large skillet and brown meatballs over medium-high.
- 6Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 15 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
- 7Drain any oil in pan.
- 8Combine tomato juice, grape jelly, chili sauce, and optional ingredients, if using, in large pot.
- 9Bring to a boil and add meatballs.
- 10Reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 11Combine pasta and meatball mixture.
- 12Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti with Chicken Pine Nut Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 97.4 mg
- Sodium 437.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 16.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce