Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These meatballs are cooked in a thin tomato sauce that is soaked up by the spaghetti so the meatballs remain the star of the meal. Feel free to add any sauteed or roasted veggies that you would normally add to your spaghetti sauce if you wish.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups V8 vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- sauteed mushroom (optional)
- bell pepper (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- 1 package hot cooked spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a bowl combine chicken, onion, egg, kethcup, bread crumbs, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic and basil.
- Mix very well.
- Form mixture into 1.
- 5 inch balls.
- Place meatballs into a large skillet and brown meatballs over medium-high.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 15 minutes, or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center.
- Drain any oil in pan.
- Combine tomato juice, grape jelly, chili sauce, and optional ingredients, if using, in large pot.
- Bring to a boil and add meatballs.
- Reduce heat to medium low and cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Combine pasta and meatball mixture.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
I just made the meatballs and they had lots of flavor! My dinner guests enjoyed them, too. Next time I will try the sauce. Thanks Daphne for posting.