Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Eating at home is most often the best thing to do because one can dish out something healthy and tasty! This is the famous Indian Chef Sanjeev Kapoor's recipe from the Young Times magazine dated April 12th'05. Enjoy!
- 250 g spaghetti
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 -2 red chile, crushed
- 10 -12 fresh basil leaves, washed and chopped
- 7 -8 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon cheese, grated
- Boil 6 cups of water in a large pan.
- Add 1/2 tablespoons of oil and salt to taste.
- Fold in spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Drain and keep warm once cooked.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan.
- Fold in garlic and onions. Saute until light brown in colour.
- Add chicken mince, mix well and cook on low flame till the mince has cooked.
- Stir in tomato puree and crushed red chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Season with salt, then add basil and remove from heat.
- Arrange spaghetti on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle crushed peppercorns, parsley and cheese over it.
- Pour chicken sauce with a spoon over it.
- Put the platter under a hot grill for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Yummo. Didn't use as much chilli and didn't have fresh basil leaves so used dry instead. My husband did the taste test and then added a teasp of salt and a tblsp of dry vegetable stock. It was inhaled by the kids!!!!!