Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the September 9, 2007 Sun-Herald.
- 400 g spaghetti
- 1 cup fresh peas
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 600 g raw king prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup champagne
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- sea salt and black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain.
- Boil peas for 4 minutes, add snow peas and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over low heat. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add raw king prawns and cook for 3 minutes or until prawns change colour.
- Add champagne and cream. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and snow peas to reheat.
- Toss pasta with prawns mixture, flat-leaf parsley and tarragon. Season to taste.