Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is an extremely rich and wonderful first course, and definitely something to splurge on on a special occasion. I would probably follow with a piece of beef or pork tenderloin, simply done, and a large green salad. Fruit Salad for dessert.
Top Review by Midwest Maven
Omg, this pasta is so creamy and delicious. The shallots add a wonderful sweetness to the cream, and the caviar just makes it look elegant. This is very rich, but so worth it. Definitely a keeper for me, thanks! :)
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups cream
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 2 ounces sevruga black caviar or 2 ounces golden whitefish black caviar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti until al dente; drain.
- Toss with 2 tblsps butter.
- Melt remaining 4 tblsps butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and stir 3 minutes.
- Add cream and vodka and bring to boil.
- Boil until thickened to sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and toss until heated through.
- Divide among plates; sprinkle with chives and top with caviar.
- Serve immediately.