Spaghetti With Cauliflower, Green Olives, and Almonds
- Pulse olives and parsley in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook cauliflower with salt, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add garlic and red-pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and garlic is golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in water and boil 1 minute. Add olive mixture and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a 6 to 8 quart pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until 'al dente'. Reserve 1 cup pasta-cooking water. Drain in a colander and return to pot.
- Add cauliflower mixture and toss well, then add cheese and toss again. If pasta is dry, moisten with some reserved cooking water.
- Sprinkle pasta with almonds and serve immediately, with additional cheese on the side.