Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Martha Stewart's "Everday Food" magazine. October 2005. Have not tried yet.
Make and share this Spaghetti With Bolognese Sauce (Martha Stewart) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped (3 cups)
- 3 carrots, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup milk
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- parmesan cheese, finely grated, for serving
- Make sauce: In a dutch oven (or a 5-quart saucepan), heat oil over high heat. Add onions, carrots, and garlic; cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add beef and pork; cook, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add wine and tomatoes. Bring sauce to a simmer; cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 1 hour. Add milk; simmer until completely absorbed, about 15 minutes more. Season again with salt and pepper.
- When sauce is almost done, cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions; drain. Toss pasta with half the meat sauce; save remaining sauce for next day. Serve sprinkled with cheese.
This is sooooo easy to make, all you need is a couple of hours to devote to it!!! The flavor and texture is just great!!! I really finely chopped my carrots so they really formed a nice sauce with the other ingredients. I had never even thought of making spaghetti bolognese because I thought it was too involved but this is really easy and worth it!! Thanks so much Chef Itchy Monkey for posting this great recipe from Martha Stewart, a real keeper!!!!!!
Excellent......LOVED IT......so easy to make
This sauce is so goood and easy to make... I use all the ingredients except for the milk..
This is a very excellent recipe everyone always compliments me when I make it.