Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
To make a low cal version use lite cream or none at all. Ground turkey or chicken may be substituted, but season with some sage and poultry seasoning.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs button mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons emeril seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (chopped)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onions cook 6 minutes stirring often.
- Add garlic, beef, and seasonings; and cook until beef is not pink. Drain well and return to pan.
- Add tomatoes with juice and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in cream and 3/4 of cheese. Simmer until sauce has thickened slightly (about 3 minutes).
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley and remaining cheese.