Recipe by Danielle in New Hampshire
This dish can be made when you're pressed for time. Mushrooms add texture and flavor to this old-time favorite.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain, cover and set aside.
- Brown beef in large skillet, drain.
- Add whole tomatoes, tomato paste, mushrooms, water, basil and garlic.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 mins.
- Stirring often.
- Remove from heat and ladle over spaghetti, toss to mix evenly.