- 350 g spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red chile, seeded and chopped
- 100 g unsweetened chestnut puree
- 120 ml vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons dry sherry
- 50 g cooked chestnuts, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 400 g flageolet beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons double cream, aka heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Meanwhile heat the oil and gently fry the chilli for 2 minutes.
- Add the puree, stock and sherry to the pan and heat gently to make a sauce.
- Stir in thyme, beans, chestnut and seasoning if desired. Warm over a gentle heat for 5 minutes Stir in cream.
- Drain pasta and toss in sauce.
- Serve garnished with parsley and black pepper.