Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta (cured italian bacon) or 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I add more)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch basil (I use a little more to my taste)
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Cook spaghetti according to directions or until al dente.
- In large skillet, heat oil saute bacon, garlic and onions until light brown.
- Add remaining ingredients except for cheese and parsley and simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta and toss well with sauce.
- Add parmesan and parsley and serve.
Secret, this was really good. I make a similar recipe, but I think yours is more balanced in flavours! I adjusted and made this for 4, and because I hate waste, put all of a 415g can of tomatoes-a good move, as I love saucy dishes! Also cut the chilli a little as our present batch is very hot. One of the great things about this recipe was the fact that I had ALL the ingredients on hand.
MMM this was yummy! I carmelized a whole onion and used canned tomatoes then added everything to the food processor to smooth it all out so the guys cant see whats in it. I will be making this again and again. Thank you Secret!
Yum! I will definitely add this to my collection! I used pancetta, added 3 cloves of garlic, chopped up 2 roma tomatoes, only added 1/2 tsp chilli flakes, and a little more basil for my tastes. Loved it!