Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very simple meal I cook if I am in a hurry, or have nothing else to eat (I always have ingredients for this meal at home). This meal is also thirsty; requires fine red wine.
- 150 g spaghetti
- 30 g dried smoked bacon
- 10 g pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 g pepper (roughly grounded)
- 5 g dried oregano
- 100 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- Put olive oil in a frying pan and add finely sliced bacon (or Croatian “prsut”) and roughly grounded pine nuts and pepper. Fry a bit, than cut the heat and add finely minced garlic. Garlic must not burn; it is enough heat in the pan.
- In the meantime, cook spaghetti according to manufacturer manual, but reduce it for 1-2 minutes to be al dente.
- Strain spaghetti really well and add on, again heated oil and bacon. Add oregano.
- Simmer well to cover spaghetti with all ingredients. Serve with grated parmesan and red wine.