Recipe by rsnelling42
This recipe is one of our absolute favorites. This is so easy, and we almost always have all of the ingredients on hand. As it's just two of us, we usually have leftovers, and they taste just as good as the first time around. It's so easy to make, my dear husband can make it on his own!
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 small onions (medium if you like onions!)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (petite cut work too)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (not ground)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bacon into matchsticks and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add diced onion and cook till tender (approx 6-8 minutes). Meanwhile, fill pot with water for spaghetti and set on high.
- Drain 3/4 - 7/8 of the fat. How much you drain is up to you. The more you drain, the healthier it is. The more you leave in, the better it tastes.
- Add the white wine and raise the temperature. Cook off most of the liquid (approx 5 minutes).
- Lower temperature to moderate heat, add tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- By now, water should be boiling. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Drain spaghetti, toss with sauce.