This recipe is one of our absolute favorites. This is so easy, and we almost always have all of the ingredients on hand. As it's just two of us, we usually have leftovers, and they taste just as good as the first time around. It's so easy to make, my dear husband can make it on his own!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bacon into matchsticks and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- 2Add diced onion and cook till tender (approx 6-8 minutes). Meanwhile, fill pot with water for spaghetti and set on high.
- 3Drain 3/4 - 7/8 of the fat. How much you drain is up to you. The more you drain, the healthier it is. The more you leave in, the better it tastes.
- 4Add the white wine and raise the temperature. Cook off most of the liquid (approx 5 minutes).
- 5Lower temperature to moderate heat, add tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 6By now, water should be boiling. Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- 7Drain spaghetti, toss with sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Bacon and Onion
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 708.3
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 20.0 g