Recipe by kiwidutch
This is adapted from Giada, and one of our favorites. Quick and easy to make, yet elegant and colorful. Serve with a green salad and crusty French bread. Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
Top Review by cst1996
This was pretty good. The flavors blended well together. I have not had smoked mozzarella before and my taste buds were a little shocked. I will be making this again though and conditioning them.
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into strips
- 6 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, diced (about 1 cup)
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 chopped fresh tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon, remove asparagus from boiling water to a bowl of ice water to cool and stop the cooking. When cool, strain, cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
- Return the water in the pot to a boil, adding additional water, if necessary.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add asparagus to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the pasta, and if needed, some of the reserved cooking liquid. Toss to coat.
- Add the prosciutto, mozzarella, and basil, and toss to combine. Sprinkle with chopped chives and tomato.
- Turn off the heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve.