1/1 Photo of Spaghetti With Asparagus, Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto
360 hrs 10 mins
Something different than the typical spaghetti with red sauce. This dish bursts with flavor,and is simple to put together. I do omit the salt when I make this and have also used linguine which I actually like better. Delicious with a simple mixed green salad and good crusty bread. Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the asparagus until tender crisp, about 2-3 minutes.
- 2Remove asparagus with a slotted dpoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- 3When cool, strain the asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces then set aside.
- 4Using the same pot, cook the spaghetti until al dente, about 8 minutes (10-12 if using linguine).
- 5Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside.
- 6Drain the pasta.
- 7Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- 8Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, then add the proscuitto strips.
- 9Saute until the prosciutto is slightly crisp and add the asparagus, then season with salt if using and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 10Add the pasta to the saute pan as well as 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, and toss to coat.
- 11Add the smoked mozzarella and the fresh basil and continue to toss until combined, adding additional pasta water if necessary.
- 12Turn off the heat and continue to toss.
- 13The pasta will become creamy as the mozzarella starts to melt.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spaghetti With Asparagus, Smoked Mozzarella and Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.4 mg
- Sodium 202.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: