Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We love the flavors in this recipe. It's like comfort food, hard to stop eating even though you're full. Cutting the asparagus on the diagonal gives a bit of extra visual appeal.
- Melt butter in evoo in a large skillet.
- Add onion and cook until just starting to brown.
- Add ham and saute briefly.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Reduce the broth just a bit before adding asparagus.
- Add asparagus and simmer briefly. How long depends on how well you like your veggies cooked. If you like some crunch, 2 minutes at the most.
- Add half and half and return to simmer.
- Add cooked spaghetti to the pan and toss all to combine.
- Allow to cook briefly.
- Add Parmesan and toss to combine, then serve.
This was a great recipe to use up Easter Ham and some Asparagus I had in the fridge. Quick and easy with great rich flavor. I did increase the cream to about 1/3cup and added the parmesan to the sauce before tossing the pasta in . I sprinkled shredded Parmesan on top just before serving.
Oh we loved it!! Even though it has heavy cream and parmesan it didn't feel heavy!! It was nice and light and Super Duper fast and easy! The flavors were so nice :) Thank You!