Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A really quick and easy pasta to make, but obviously for anchovy lovers only. Enjoy
- 500 g spaghetti
- 12 slices sandwich bread or 9 slices toast white bread
- 60 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (45 g) can anchovy fillets, drained,chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Add the spaghetti to a large saucepan of salted boiling water, boil, uncovered, until just tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard the crusts from the bread, blend or process the bread into crumbs.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan, add the garlic and crumbs; cook, stirring, until well browned.
- Toss the hot pasta with the anchovies, rind, juice, chives, oil and crumbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges, if desired.