Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy meal to fix for dinner when you are in a hurry. Most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry. My mom used to fix it for dinner a lot and now I fix it for my own family. It's not a gourmet meal, but the kids love it! I serve it with a salad and garlic bread!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package spaghetti, cooked
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, grated
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onions and garlic in vegetable oil.
- Add beef, salt and pepper and brown; drain.
- Add cooked spaghetti, tomato soup, and water to meat mixture.
- Put in 11X16X2-inch baking dish.
- Top with grated cheese and sliced olives.
- Cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
This was pretty good. It is easy to fix and my kids liked it. I enjoyed the addition of the American cheese. Made for ZWT3 2007.
my wife,bless her soul, used to make this recipe with the addition of a can or two of mushrooms. it was always a favorite with friends and family.