Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Huffingtonpost.com published a wonderful article entitled "Quick And Easy No-Cook Pasta Sauce Recipes," showing how to make (and vary!) a fresh tomato sauce, pesto, and a Parmesan sauce. The idea behind the article was to present recipes that could be made in the time that it takes to cook the noodles. This was our variation on their theme of tomato sauce. Don't skip the anchovies: smashed, they add an amazing depth of flavor and you won't know that they are there!
- 1 lb spaghetti, dired
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 anchovies, mashed
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to directions, and then drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, mix all of the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss with the hot pasta and serve, topped with a sprinkling of Parmesan!